Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Balance M1023WY and W1023WC Running Shoes

When New Balance has a shoe dialed in, it doesn't deviate from the recipe. That's the case with the 1023. New Balance reworked the upper pattern so the stitching won't cause any blister-inducing pressure on the forefoot, and the midsole is slightly lighter, but not so much that anyone will notice.

New Balance M1023WY and W1023WC Running Shoes
Recommended for: Efficient runners, and forefoot or midfoot-strikers with normal or high arches who want a cushioned, light ride.
Bottom line: The 1023 isn't a significant upgrade, but didn't need to be. The light, flexible 1022 worked fine and the minor upper changes New Balance made will only improve the fit.
Responsiveness: Moderate (good heel cushioning; flexible, responsive forefoot)
Cushioning: Moderate (Abzorb pads in rearfoot and forefoot)
Wear-test reports:
"For a neutral, cushioned shoe, the 1023 is very stable. It's light and responsive enough for me to use for tempo and interval workouts. My only complaint is it lacks heel cushioning." -Kristin Reves/San Diego "The 1023 works well for me on all surfaces and has good cushioning and support." -Robert Mcmasters/East Lansing "Nice shoe. I wore the 1022 as my primary shoe, and the 1023 is just as good." -Linda Pulver/East Lansing


Other's Review:
The 1022 was the best running shoe I have ever owned. I ran in it for 4-5 years and all though high school track seasons. I should have upgraded to the 1023 or the 1024, Im regretting it now!!!. by: Ty A, Cornelia GA,

I love this shoe. I started running in the 1022 when it came out and have since upgraded. I have also tried the 1060 and the Adidas audistar. This shoe provides cusion and support and keeps me from gettins shin spints and blisters!. by: Leo531, Novi, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment